OEFOM Endowed Scholarship
"Assisting Students in Achieving Their Dream of Becoming Osteopathic Physicians"
1. Candidates must submit a completed application form and a typed letter detailing qualifications for the scholarship award.
2. Anticipated postgraduate practice plans.
3. Letters of support from one Osteopathic medical college faculty member, one Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine and one community leader must accompany the application. These letters will assist the selection committee in affirming standing with the college, professional demeanor, character and ability and willingness to participate in community activities.
4. Candidates should specify any financial criteria or other factors they believe will impede their commitment to osteopathic medical education without scholarship support.
Scholarship applicants must be lawful residents of the United States and meet one of the following requirements:
1. Non-independent students must have at least one parent, stepparent or court-appointed guardian who is an Oklahoma resident and who has claimed the applicant as a dependent on his/her federal income tax return for the previous year.
2. Independent students must have lived in Oklahoma in some capacity other than as a full-time student at a post-secondary institution for a period of at least 12 consecutive months prior to matriculation to medical school.
*Preference will be shown to applicants who have completed two years of Osteopathic medical training and who indicate a desire to practice in Oklahoma.
*Class standing and cumulative grade point averages will be a major determining factor in granting scholarship awards.
*Candidates must be able to demonstrate good standing at their college regarding academics, finances and conduct.
*Finalists may be interviewed by a designated Scholarship Committee Member comprised of members of the OEFOM and or their designees.
*Scholarship awards may be "stacked" with other scholarship awards or financial aid. However, the total of these awards, excluding loans, may not exceed the educational costs for the scholarship year.
*OEFOM will make available the minimum amount of scholarship funds allocated by September 1, annually.
*Applications are due by February 1, and awards will be announced at the OOA Annual Convention.
*Certain "named" scholarship funds may place additional restrictions on awards.
*Candidates will be formally informed of amount and source of awarded scholarships.